Pass Plus - Improve your Skills
The Pass Plus scheme is aimed at new drivers to help them become better drivers. To complete Pass Plus you need an Approved Driving Instructor (ADI) to train you. I will help you complete the six training modules to pass the training course.
About Pass Plus
Pass Plus is an established training course aimed at new drivers. It was designed by the Driving Standards Agency (DSA) with the help of insurers and the driving instruction industry.
Statistics show that new drivers are more likely to have an accident in the first two years after passing their test. This is because of their lack of driving experience.
Pass Plus builds on your skills and knowledge. It will teach you how to anticipate, plan for and deal with all kinds of hazards, to help you become a more confident driver.
Who can take Pass Plus training
You can take a Pass Plus course at any time. However, it's mainly aimed at new drivers in the first year after passing their test.
Pass Plus modules
Pass Plus consists of six modules about driving in different conditions:
- in town
- in all weathers
- on rural roads
- at night
- on dual carriageways
- on motorways
The cost of a Pass Plus course
The course takes at least six hours and course fees are £35 per hour or £195 if booked as a 6 hour block (provided as three 2 hour lessons).
Applying for Pass Plus
How you'll be instructed
- Pass Plus Pupil's Guide
- At the start of your course, I will give you a copy of the 'Pass Plus Pupil's Guide'. This contains detailed information about all aspects of Pass Plus.
- Pass Plus training will take at least six hours, though it can take longer - everyone learns at their own pace.
- The training sessions
- Pass Plus is a practical course and all modules should be practical sessions. However, local conditions and time of year may mean that some modules need to be given as a theory session. Generally at least five and a half out of six hours should be spent in the car. You will not have to take a test at the end of the course but you will be continually assessed during the modules.
- Recording progress
- We will complete a training report form that you'll sign and date when you reach the required standard in each module. To pass the course you'll need to reach a satisfactory standard in all the course modules. You'll be given a progress record to help you to keep track of your progress throughout the course.
- At the end of your training
- On successfully completing your training you'll be sent your Pass Plus certificate.
You should also consider working towards your advanced driving test. Passing this test would take your driving skills to a higher level, and provide you with further financial benefits. Please contact me about Advanced Driving tuition and tests